Talking Options Taxation, Regulation and Education with OCC’s Craig Donohue
- What brought Craig back to derivatives and The OCC?
- The evolution of OCC into regulatory and oversight roles
- Craig’s history with leading large transformations within existing companies
- The possiblility of rolling back regulations
- Migrating other products to central counterparty clearing
- The difference between regulated and unregulated derivatives
- The fight to allow listed options in IRAs and other regulatory struggles
- What are the origin for leaving options off the list?
- What is on his radar for the future?
- Potential taxation implications with transaction taxes and more
- How many exchanges are too many exchanges?
- The concentration of liquidity in a few names
- The need for investor education